Digital Helm Full Follow-up
This patented hybrid hydraulic/electric unit provides full follow-up digital electric control as well as emergency manual hydraulic control. Under power steering, the steering wheel is turned producing a rudder command signal the rudder then follows up to the position requested by the wheel. In the event of a power failure, the digital helm seamlessly transfers to manual hydraulic steering. Under emergency manual hydraulic steering the numbers of turns depends on the size of the actuators.
- Under power steering mode:
- Adjustable number of wheel turns, programmable from ¼ turn to 10 turns lock to lock
- Effort to turn the wheel does not change regardless of operating conditions
- When taking over control of the steering system the Digital wheel takes over at the present position of the rudder. Other systems usually move the rudder back to center before acquiring control of the steering.
- Capable of Manual steering
- Compatible with the Jastram Digital steering system. The Digital Helm generates a digital signal to Jastram Steering Control
- To be used in conjunction with Digital Helm Manifold (DHM)
- Wheel is not supplied with the digital helm