Digital Wheels are unique input devices which provide full follow-up digital electric control. The two main features of the Digital Wheel over the standard electric wheel are:
- A programmable number of wheel turns from ¼ to 10 turns lock to lock.
- When taking over control of the steering system the Digital wheel takes over at the present position of the rudder.
Under power steering, the steering wheel is turned to produce a rudder command signal. The rudder then follows up to the position requested by the wheel.
- Only compatible with Jastram Digital steering systems
- Two versions of the DW are available:
- DW-1 is the standard unit and produces one output single
- DW-2 produces two output signals – the second signals for control redundancy, or for the operation of a second steering system where independent twin steering gears are installed.
- Effort to turn the wheel does not change regardless of operating conditions
Steering Wheel: The wheel is not supplied with the digital wheel.
DW shaft dimensions are: 1” by 1 7/8” shaft with a ¼” square key
Output Voltage: 12 or 24 VDC
Recommended Cable: 16 AWG 2 wire, not shielded