The ASM170 is a compact yet powerful engine auto-start module. It offers flexibility and features normally found in much larger and more expensive units. Its high density MOLEX plug makes it ideal for panel builders. It can also be easily replaced in the field if problems should arise.
With the on-board Manual-Off-Automatic switch, Panel wiring is greatly simplified.
Its unique design also allows it to draw virtually no current in standby mode, yet be able to auto-start based on a sustained or momentary contact closure.
• Ideal For All Basic Auto-Start/Stop
• Programmable Multifunction Output
• Extended Operating Temperature Range
• Excellent Low Voltage Performance
• Compact Size Retrofits Existing ASM150 Installations
• Built-In Manual-Off-Auto Toggle Switch
• Smart FET Outputs Description
FW Murphy ASM170 Specs
- Power Input: 6 to 28 VDC.
- Power Consumption Standby: <1 mA.
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 185 °F (-40 to +85 °C).
- Inputs: Ground or positive inputs for high temperature, low oil pressure, High/Low Level, Auxiliary/Remote Stop sensors.
- Lamp Test: When unit is powered up in Manual or Auto, the LED’s light for 1 second as a test.
- Outputs: 5A smart FET for cranking and multifunction output. 10A smart FET for Fuel Valve (Energized to Run) output. All 3 supply battery “+”. 125 mA transistor for common failure, engine run, and auxiliary output. (Sink to battery “–”)
- Crank Attempts: Selectable for 3, 5, 10, or 255.
- Crank/Rest Cycle Timing: Field adjustable 1 to 30 seconds.
- Multifunction Output: Field programmable to one of the following options: Glowplug, Cooldown, Warmup/Cooldown, Warmup, Air gate – Overspeed Only, Air gate – Always, Choke, or Auxiliary Run output.
- Shutdown Lockout Time Delay: Field adjustable 1 to 300 seconds. Locks out low oil pressure, high temperature, and loss of speed shutdowns on start-up.
- Crank Disconnect Speed Setting: From 13 to 2500 Hz.
- Overspeed Trip Point Setting: From 13 to 8500 Hz.
- Speed Sensing Input: 1.5VAC RMS to 140 VAC RMS.
- Authorized Distributor
- Genuine Parts
- Service and Support