A highly flexible coupling with progressive characteristics used in heavy duty applications.
The CENTAFLEX-R boasts an extremely robust and fail-safe design with rubber rollers subjected only to compressive stress. Characterized by a slight stiffness at lower speeds and a moderately increased stiffness at rising torques for smooth operation and reliable transmission over the entire high allowable energy loss. Suitable for high ambient temperatures, the design includes oil-resistance and even higher temperature resistance. Delivered with fail-safe device and for a variety of shaft connections. With flywheel connections acc. to SAE. Also available for non-standard flywheels.
The CENTAFLEX-R is a simple robust ROLLER coupling with a progressive
torsional characterisation. Ideal for boat drives, providing a very low stiffness at low torque (& speed) which shifts the torsional resonance below idle speed and prevents gearhammer (gear chatter).
Progressive torsional characteristic with very low stiffness at low torque
and increased, but moderate stiffness at high torque
• Fail safe
• Simple, reliable, no bonding, only rubber in compression
• Special developed, temperature resistant elastomer CENTALAN with high damping, suitable for high ambient temperature of more than 100°C (212°F)
• For commercial heavy duty or difficult applications we recommend the special „HD“ rubber rollers, which are also oil resistant.
• Well proven in service and approved by classification societies
• High allowable energy loss by intensive inner and outer ventilation
• Suitable for blind fitting in bell housings
• Economic/easy maintainable design
• Protected by international patents
• Area of application: flange mounted units or well aligned independently mounted units on rigid mounts
• The CF-R is part of the CENTA-Antriebe family of marine drive couplings covering a range between the more than 100000 times proven CENTAFLEX-DS (Dual Stage) series and the well established, CENTAX series up to 500 kNm.