VS94 Series Vibration Sensors
VS94 Series is an electro-mechanical device designed to protect equipment from damaging shock or vibration. This sensitive mechanism can detect excessive shock or vibration and shutdown the equipment before further damage occurs. A set of contacts is held in a latched position through a magnetic latch mechanism. As the level of shock or vibration increases an inertia mass exerts force against the latch arm and forces it away from the magnetic latch causing the latch arm to separate and to operate the contacts. Sensitivity is obtained by adjusting the amount of air gap between the magnet and latch arm plate.
• NEMA 4X/IP66 Enclosure (CSA Types 4 & 12)
• Protects Your Equipment from Excessive Shock or Vibration
• Fine Adjustment to Precisely Select the Degree of Sensitivity
• Reset from a Remote Location (Optional)
• Time Delay to Override Trip Operation at Start-up (Optional)
• Space Heater to Prevent Moisture Condensation Inside the Unit (Optional)
Case: Polyester fiberglass reinforced; NEMA type 4X; IP66; CSA types 4 and 12.
Conduit Fitting: 3/4 NPT conduit fitting connection.
Normal Operating Ambient Temperature: 0 to 140°F (-18 to 60°C).
Snap-switches: 2-SPDT snap acting switches; 5A @ 480 VAC; 2A resistive, 1A inductive, up to 30 VDC.
Range adjustment: 0 - 7 G’s; 0 - 100 Hz /0.100 in. displacement.