CENTA FH Flange Bearing
Palmer Johnson is an authorized distributor for the CENTA FH Flange Bearings with expert support working on new applications down to parts support & troubleshooting your existing flange bearing.
Every cardan shaft creates axial and radial reaction forces. The amount depends - among other reasons - on the transmitted torque and the operating angle. Under considerable operating angle these forces can become dangerous to the crankshaft of the diesel engines.
Intermediate coupling types like the CENTAX-V are perfectly suited to tune the system in regard of torsional vibrations, but reaction forces coming from the cardan shaft are transmitted through the coupling to the crankshaft. Therefore on applications where cardan shaft angles are greater than 3 to 4 degrees most diesel engine manufacturers recommend the use of a flange mounted bearing housing.
The CETNA FH flanged bearing housing transmits the unwanted reaction forces to the flywheel housing and keeps them away from the crankshaft. The bearing housing is fitted on the flywheel side with either a highly flexible CENTAMAX or a highly flexible CENTAFLEX-R coupling to dampen the torsional vibrations.
Whether you are wanting to explore a CENTA FH Flange Bearing for your next application or are needing parts support for your existing coupling; we've got you covered. Contact the CENTA experts today!
The CENTA FH Flange Bearing provides the following advantages:
- Protects the crankshaft from the reaction forces coming from the cardan shaft.
- Ideal torsional vibration tuning due to combination with several types of highly flexible couplings.
- High-capacity bearings with long term lubrication to achieve extended lifetime, little maintenance.
- Compact design, light weight due to bearing housing being manufactured from hardened aluminum
- Extensive internal ventilation to reduce the ambient temperature around the flexible coupling.
- Authorized Distributor
- Genuine Parts
- Service and Support