This microprocessor-based digital tachometer and hourmeter with a built-in overspeed switch is highly accurate and dependable. It measures speed and running hours and can give an alarm or shut down the engine on overspeed.
The MTH6 case is polycarbonate, and its dial measures 3-1/2 in. (89 mm) in diameter.
RPM data for the tachometer and overspeed switch is supplied by a magnetic pickup or battery charging alternator. The magnetic pickup is installed into the flywheel housing of an internal combustion engine. The starter ring gear acts upon the magnetic pickup to generate a voltage pulse each time a gear tooth passes the end of the sensor.
• Tachometer and Hourmeter With Overspeed Shutdown or Alarm Switch
• 3-1/2 Inches (89 mm) Diameter Dial
• Reads RPM Data from a Magnetic Pickup or Battery Charging Alternator
• Powered by 8 to 40 VDC
• Large 5-Digit LCD Display
• Maintains Hours Count When Power Is Lost
• Front Panel Programming
• Hours Can Be Reset to Zero
- Authorized Distributor
- Genuine Parts
- Service and Support
Power Requirements: 8-40 VDC (12, 24 or 32 VDC systems).Maximum Current:
- 12 VDC: 0.011 A, backlight Off; 0.025 A, backlight On.
- 24 VDC: 0.008 A, backlight Off; 0.015 A, backlight On.
- 32 VDC: 0.007 A, backlight Off; 0.010 A, backlight On.
Operating Temperature: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C).
Storage Temperature: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C).
Case: 1018 Polycarbonate/Polyester blend.
Mounting Hole Dimensions: 3-3/8 in. (86 mm) Dia.
Speed Input: 4.5 Vrms minimum.
Overspeed Switch Rating: 2 A, 50 VDC.
Overspeed Range: 0 to 9000 RPM.
Pulses per Revolution: 4 to 255.
Tachometer Range: 0 to 65,535 RPM.
Tachometer Accuracy: ±1% of the display reading or -2 RPM whichever is greater.
Input Frequency Range: 25 Hz to 20 kHz.
Hourmeter Range: 0 to 99999 hrs.
Hourmeter Resolution: ±0.1 Hour up to 9999.9; ±1 hour 10,000 and up.
Reset Hourmeter: Apply temporary ground to terminal #5 to reset hours to zero.