Palmer Johnson Power Systems is thrilled to announce the union of Palmer Johnson & Mill Log from Twin Disc (NASDAQ: TWIN). This strategic acquisition brings together two companies that have rich histories, fantastic people, loyal customers, strong vendor relationships and stellar reputations. The acquisition, which will close on March 4, encompasses all Mill Log assets, territory rights and inventory.
Together, Palmer Johnson Power Systems and Mill Log combine over 115 years of history. Together, the opportunities that we’re going to create & capitalize on are industry-changers!
Our culture is fun, flexible and un-corporate. We truly care about our people’s personal well-being, health and safety. We listen to each other, treat each other with respect and provide honest feedback. We embrace diversity and respect different cultures. We expect all our people (new and veteran) to learn and grow by sharing knowledge with each other.
“The acquisition of Mill Log positions Palmer Johnson as a dominant off-highway player in the western United States and Canada, and a powerhouse in both the marine and oil & gas markets in North America,” said Craig Parsons, President of Palmer Johnson. The addition of Mill Log service centers in Kent, Washington, and Vancouver, British Columbia, solidifies Palmer Johnson’s support of the West Coast marine market. The addition of the Edmonton, Alberta, branch expands Palmer Johnson’s support of the oil & gas market from Texas north to the Canadian oilfield.
Mill Log is a market leader in the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada in the commercial marine, oil & gas and off-highway industries. Founded in 1946, Mill Log has a rich history built on talented employees and wealth of expertise on Twin Disc products, engineering and service. Mill Log has been a subsidiary of Twin Disc’s for over 20 years; this transaction allows Mill Log to expand its product offerings and add more value to its customers while continuing to support Twin Disc.
“The transition of Mill Log to Palmer Johnson is an exceptional opportunity for Twin Disc, our distributors and our customers,” said John H. Batten, President and Chief Executive Officer, Twin Disc, Inc. “Within our organization we will be able to reallocate resources to continue our focus on product development and engineering; our customers will benefit from a cohesive sales and customer service experience from the Midwest to the West Coast; and, both Palmer Johnson and Mill Log will gain resources and relationships through the acquisition.”
If you are a Palmer Johnson customer, you’re likely curious about what this means for you? What should you expect?
- Mill Log and Palmer Johnson remain deeply committed to best-in-class service. In the immediate future, it is business as usual. Service jobs that are in our shops will continue to go out on schedule and all service programs will be honored. Orders that are placed will ship on-time.
- As for our Marine and Oil & Gas customers, we feel this acquisition will better position us to support you across North America. We add substantial years of expertise, product knowledge, tooling, strategic inventory and key locations to serve your fleets.
- Marine Customers: Palmer Johnson and Mill Log now combine to cover you up and down the west coast. More product, faster delivery, and extensive tenure of passionate employees.
- Oil & Gas Customers: 24/7 we have you covered from Texas to Edmonton. 15 swing Twin Disc 8500 packages and over $15m in dedicated oil & gas inventory.
- By combining forces, we add a substantial force of qualified service technicians in Seattle. Our capabilities essentially double in this market. Customers will have immediate access to this breadth of service. Our teams will work to build on each others' strengths. In 2020, Palmer Johnson Power Systems plans to open a new state of the art facility in Seattle to support this operation.
- Palmer Johnson is expanding into Canada with our two new locations in Vancouver and Edmonton. In time, we will work to support our full line-card of products and services in this market.
- In March, Palmer Johnson will begin consolidation of all Mill Log and Palmer Johnson inventory and will be adding in a secondary West Coast warehouse in Seattle, WA. Our goal is to use this warehouse primarily to support our West Coast Marine and Service markets.