- Air Clutches & PTOs
- Air-Cooled & Spring Set Brakes
- Water-Cooled Clutches and Brakes
- Fluid Coupling
Parts, Service, Replacements800-341-4334 Email Us
Palmer Johnson Power Systems supplies and services the complete line of Wichita water-cooled clutches and brakes.
- Durable air tube design with high strength reinforced neoprene air-tubes, offering longer service life
- Water channels for balanced water flow for the highest thermal capacity
- Long-lasting friction material with minimal wear on mating copper
- Copper alloy wear plates enable higher heat transfer than any other metals
- Hub spline provides perfect alignment of rotating discs
- External air & water connections
- Release springs ensure complete disengagement
- Adjustment for wear is easily accomplished by removing shims without any unit disassembly
- Unique torque pin column arrangement provides structural integrity of case
- Open case design with covers for safe, simple, visual inspection and easy maintenance
- All AquaMakks units are provided with a Marine protection package for enhanced durability in any operating environment
AquaMaKKs water cooled clutches and brakes are designed to provide accurate torque control for heavy-duty tensioning applications.
AquaMakks™ clutches and brakes are pneumatically or hydraulically controlled and water cooled. They consist of a series of alternating friction discs and water jackets. Torque is transmitted by applying axial force from the pneumatic, hydraulic, or spring set actuator. Copper wear plates are used for excellent heat dissipation. Models are available in 19", 25", and 36" diameter sizes. Torque ranges from 55,440 in.lb. @ 80 PSI to 1,596,000 in.lbs. @ 100 PSI.
Kopper Kool Specifications
- Water-cooled brake with the cooling water contained within water jackets.
- Copper plates quickly transfer the heat away from the friction surfaces to give good control and long life.
- The friction surfaces are dry running.
Kopper Kool Overview
For high-energy continuous slipping applications such as dynamic tensioning duties where 'fail to safety' is required. The KK/SS is suitable for end-shaft or through-shaft mounting.
Available in two actuation options:
- a) KK/SS - Spring applied / air released 'passive brake' for emergency engagement in the event of air supply failure
- b) KK/SS/Dual acting - A brake combining the advantages of excellent air applied 'active' control plus the added security of spring applied 'passive' holding and stopping action.
Kopper Kool - Overhaul Kit Overview
Wichita Clutch supplies standard Kopper Kool Brake (KKB) overhaul kits in two configurations to make repairing and rebuilding your brakes easier and more cost-effective. KKB Renewal kits include the following items:
- Copper Wear Plates
- ID/OD O-rings
- Nut’s and Bolts
- Springs if used in current rev. of Parts List.
- Friction Material, Rivets and Washers (partial)- or – Complete Drive Plate assemblies (complete)
- wcbAM Water Cooled Brakes are available in 24" & 36" sizes
- Improved channeled water flow – achieved via groove designed into jacket providing enhanced cooling capacity
- Water jacket assemblies are interchangeable with competitors' parts
- Standard or Marine grade environmental protection options available to the customer
- Pneumatic and hydraulic actuations available
Water-cooled brakes designed for direct replacement of WCB style brakes.
The wcbAM is a new, version of our popular AquaMaKKs® water-cooled brakes. All water jackets, including the float, center and back plate, feature Wichita's unique patented water channeled design. This provides greater heat dissipation compared to similar sized competitive units.
The models feature a newly-designed, lightweight, corrosion resistant aluminum actuator head. Additionally, the water ports can be tailored as NPT or ORB style ports at customers discretion.